Saturday, January 09, 2010

Martin Parr at StudioFilmClub


"What does the neon sign read, Scotchman's Yard? " after Martin Parr 6/8

This was the first time to Port of Spain, Trinidad and
Tobago. I had attended the CHOGM and liked very much the island. I was invited to the StudioFilmClub to see a screening of a big blue bat with sparkles. When I arrived it was awfully quiet, I had to carry my camera in my large handbag and over my coat and dress, the nights lately have been quite chilly.


I have a sense that I been spooked

The steps to this opening made me dizzy, I had to grab hold onto the
avant-garde hand railing. It was impossible to think this artists run establishment refused many times to install a service elevator, I am a middle aged man, my hearing is bonkers, my foot swells in this temperature, shamrock. Finally, I reached the heading. What a lovely array of flower pots, does this installation belong to Martin Creed? Waste and empty wine cartons, so who had a party? Mate, did I miss the limbo dance?

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission