Monday, December 21, 2009

The end of Art


The dress in art

This installation that consists of my mother's wedding dress and my father's suit had me numb, as if i never was a byproduct of their union. I looked away, I saw nothing of mine except death.



In the light, the German saw nothing too, this was a repeat of a time he recalled,"I am too alone, the Pharaoh needs me".


The Wedding Gown after Robert Gober

The New York Times writes, "In one gallery, bags of cat litter lean against walls covered with the hanging man/sleeping man wallpaper, while at the center stands a sparkling satin wedding gown, redolent of purity,......"

What I discover is that language has a "purity" that softens the blow of pretension.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission