Saturday, January 02, 2010

Tracey Moffatt's measure


" What month was I birthed" after Tracey Moffatt's "Birth Certificate, 1962, 1994"

Tracey Moffatt's work transcends the power of social disturbances, her Australian Aboriginal photo sets are art, and a reminder that art imitates life in experences. I had an inclination that our portraits of celebrities where similar, although theses studies are independent, no wardrobe, no sets, no money.


Baby Jane - Bette Davis - Feinin



I had many ideas parodying Tracey Moffatt but I realized I was being repetitive. So I decided to mock the Australian outdoors in a triptych staring Mel Gibson in his shorts washing his car with a large cactus over a blazing sun, all photographed at the same time. I also dusted my body with red sand, you can't see it but it is there to represent an Australian Aborigine warrior.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission