Saturday, July 11, 2009

God show my past so I may see my future


Feinin-Hermes "The Judgement of Paris", Peter Paul Rubens, c 1636

Childish, its him alright posing as three nymphs exposing their breasts upon an audience of millions. It is the Judgement of Paris, interpreted sweetly in the faces of you. Beauty, madness and coy temptation. Hermes is luring them with a shell just found in the earth. Its not the shell they want, its the wanton desire for more attention...

"God, its been rough this past days, I've been working on my thesis. You've given me a dream to follow. Schiller wants it too. I hear that the devil writes words so to speak. He's a trickster counting his dough. I can reason over the fact that words contain power. They are used in sentences and begin to seep into the mystical language of you. You are compelled to obey, I can't understand it, but its parts of the many gifts inside words that plays a tune. The gift of thought is protected by the use of meaning,
Schiller asked. God, may I ask of you what words make you happy? Solitude, obedience, destiny, painter, future"

Addendum: Greek Myth-Judgement of Paris: Hermes bringing to Alexander the son of Priam the goddesses of whose beauty he is to judge, the inscription on them being: 'Here is Hermes, who is showing to Alexander, that he may arbitrate concerning their beauty, Hera, Athena and Aphrodite.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission