Thursday, October 09, 2008

John Lennon - Self portrait series


A study of illusion and reality, parody, humour and humanity

Here is a self portrait, so daunting and so prophetical in its meaning. A feinin I didn't expect of a young singer who dreamed the impossible and triumphed over a disability. A writer who transformed the music world, lifted the hearts of many through his words, softy reminding how wonderful, how truly superb, life, living, God, sex...In this work, I saw myself in reflection, as a man in eternal grief, proud, troubled and statuesque.

My decision to feinin myself as John Lennon was far from my thoughts. It was by chance, and I use this term quite loosely. What makes this astonishing is that he was born on this day, 9th, October.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission