Friday, November 13, 2009

Lady wit meh flower - Chris Ofilli


A set of flowers used for his Feinin

As part of Chris Offili's feinin I wanted to use artificial flowers which I did not want to buy. I also purchased the red tights and top to give a carnival festive feel. I approached a variety shop in Port of Spain and the woman at the counter was kind enough to give me a bag full of damaged plastic flowers which I promised to return to her as a Christmas wreath in gratitude. I made a flower arrangement instead and presented them to her the following day. The clothes items where returned as they were too tight.

More demanding was trying to photograph Ofilli's posture as I observed him and his wife dance at Peter Doig's home some months ago.




Photo studies of Chris Ofilli's feinin. It should be noted that these stills were long exposures compounded by a camera that is notorious for miss-focusing. A large format digial camera may have worked to my benefit.

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission