Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vincent Van Gogh - Self portrait series



A man who painted for companionship to combat his loneliness

In this portrait, I felt, stiff, cold, small framed, agitated and troubled as I longed for recognition. I could no longer continue to bear my insecurities as a painter, and as an artist who was tormented in every way. My life spent in shambles. (At this moment I felt a connection, eerie, prophetical)


Vincent Van Gogh's heart was immense, yet he (foolishly) give it up to his love of painting, forever forgotten. His soul is protected.

What ever this means to you, I want to say thank you, thank you for your courage, for your motherland, and to your art, unknowingly, yet foretelling (to the world)

No comments:

Disclaimer:

Views expressed on thebookmann are not affiliated with any Art Organizations and an “Art Review” may be open to interpretation as it is an observation at face value.

Amendments to such articles if misleading or with grammatical errors shall be corrected accordingly.

All photographs, Feinin studies, accompanying quotes, articles and visual headers appearing on site are the exclusive property of Richard Bolai © 2004 - 2010 All Rights Reserved.

Any fare use is restricted without written permission